Installation Maintenance Kit – HP LaserJet 8100/8150 needs expertise in Printer Repair but the steps are rather simple to follow:
Get a Maintenance Kit for HP LaserJet 8100/8150
1. Open left door of the printer
2. Remove duplex unit if installed
3. Rotate the two blue lock levers down.
4. Lift up on back of fuser and slide out.
1. Install fuser and lock in place with blue lock levers
2. Remove orange shipping tabs (if installed). and the place the two gray pressure levers in down position
3. Reinstall duplex unit.
4. Close door.
Resetting Maintenance Counter
1. With the printer turned on, press the “Menu” button until “CONFIGURATION MENU” is displayed.
2. Press the “Item” button until “SERVICE MESSAGE = ON” is displayed. Use the “Value” button to set to “OFF.”
3. Press the “Select” button to activate your choice, which will reset the maintenance counter and service message.
If the maintenance kit is being replaced before the Service Message is displayed, press and hold the Value “-” and Item “-” buttons while powering up the printer, which will reset the count.
You are done!